Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbs oil, divided (add more if needed)
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Organic Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, adjust to taste (be sure to season well)
- green onion, garnish – optional
You may microwave the spaghetti squash or prepare it using the oven method
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and add a little oil, salt and pepper to cut sides.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife (cooking time depends on size of squash).
To prepare meat
- In a pan, add 1 tbs of oil on medium heat and then add onions, serrano pepper and a pinch
- of salt.
- Once onions turns translucent, add garlic and after a couples minutes add the ground beef and spices.
- Once the beef is almost brown, add the chopped green pepper.
- When the beef is done, add tomatoes and spaghetti squash (seasoned with oil, salt and pepper) then mix it all together.
- Whisk an egg and add it to the mixture then pour it all into a casserole dish.
- Bake casserole at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top.
This recipe is from he My Heart Beets